Thursday, June 5, 2008

Life • Root Canal

060508: Episode#003
My Mood Today: Sh*tty
Listening To: Gym Class Heroes (Cupids Chokehold)
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ^^

I know. I'm late. I have a lot of problems - being unemployed is the long term, my f*cking mouth is the short term. I have 'singaw' in my tongue, and two of my teeth needs a root canal. Damn it my gums hurt every time I chew. And about the unemployed issue - unfortunately, I don't think I can still continue Mr. Elmo's program. It's already two weeks overdue - and I only have an excuse for one week. That means my laziness would account for the other week, which is simply unacceptable.

Ok.. That's it for my problems. In a more positive light, I think I found my inspiration(s). Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl Series, Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition, House (the TV series) and Michio Kaku's book, The Physics of the Impossible. Gawd, now that I think of it, that's hell of a lot reading I did in what, 5-6 days.. and a lot of watching too.. Anyways, these are good books and are definitely worth their weight in gold.

Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl - A fantasy novel about an evil genius. Elves, Fairies, LEPrecon, Time Stop, and a kid who's intellect rivals Yagami Light of Death Note. It was a really fun read, definitely not Harry Potter, but still. I've gone through the first three books, and I have the fourth waiting. I give it a 3/5 - good for young teens, but too much potential wasted. I mean, he's an evil genius - and no dragons, no deaths, no triwizard tournament? It's too 'soft' for a young adult, while Harry "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!" Potter hits the spot.

Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition - Yes, back on business, even if only for a short while. I'm going to have a number of Pen and Paper posts here in the blog (Maybe tommorow..Hopefully) which would detail my views on the new edition. Some people are saying that 3.5 is better - that 4th ed is dumbed down version of the game. I think 4th edition is a step in the right direction, with choices clearer, classes more balanced and a bit more fast paced than the older editions. Which is good, since I have a HUGE amount of players.

House - The TV series is really good, an annoying yet brilliant doctor along with his three/four sidekicks (depending on the season you're watching). Unfortunately, I watched Season 4 first (entirely) before I got a DVD copy of the first and second seasons. Fortunately, the continuity of the series is a bit loose, so all is well. It's like CSI, but with living bodies. I like Cameron and "Thirteen" ^^;

Michio Kaku's book, The Physics of the Impossible - It's a really interesting book about the impossible being possible. The whole book revolves around this insane (but correct) idea that unless something is proven impossible, its actually possible. No law of physics are forbidding us to read minds, teleport, become invisible or time travel. That means its possible... altough I think Mr. Kaku is being too optimistic - this technology will be available in more than a few centuries, not decades, because Moore's Law is already breaking down - right now. It's been how many months since Quad Core?

Ok peeps. Sorry for the delay. I'm going to post two more blogs, tomorrow and the day after that, I promise. Until then, Ciao for now...

No comments: